11.17.2008

Bananas....and more

Friday afternoon we went to lunch at the Institute. It's homemade soup and rolls for $1.75 and a speaker. We try to go every week because the soup is delicious. Maiby doesn't always like the soup, so I try to bring something that she will eat. But this last week was really good so she ate it up; the banana I had put in the diaper bag stayed there. That is, until I was cooking dinner. James was talking on the phone in the other room and I was in the kitchen, so Maiby was entertaining herself in the living room. I peeked my head in to check on her and she was holding the banana from the diaper bag. I didn't worry about it because a banana is pretty harmless; I checked on her again when the house was really quiet a few minutes later and what did I find?? A happy baby eating a banana - luckily she took the peel off first!! I laughed and let her finish the rest of it.

On another note... Thanks, SunDee for your observations about the government paying moms. You brought up some points that I had not considered; I was curious about the rules of subsidizing child care, so I looked at a couple sites and (at least in the state of PA) that there are very specific rules that parents must follow in order to receive subsidized child care. And I think that if they made those same rules for parents that were at home, it would take a lot of money to ensure that those regulations were being met. I appreciate all your observations and the new ideas you brought up that I had not thought of, but I still maintain my position as 'no'.

1 comments:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Missy, I love the title of your blog! What a great idea. That is really cool that they have the lunch and speaker at the institute building on Fridays. That was a cute banana story!