1.23.2010

Latent Talent?

I made a discovery a few weeks ago, a latent talent that is only doable during pregnancy...

I used to have a great belly - seriously, I loved it. Before Maiby was born, it was tiny and toned and I had a great innie/outie belly button. When I was pregnant with Maiby and my belly grew, my belly button never stuck out, but it did get as flat as it possibly could. It was a little strange looking. And as soon as she was born, it became an innie that never again saw the light of day.

Until I became pregnant again. Now, at 7 months, it is not flat yet or sticking out, but it's getting there. Back to the talent - the other day I was looking at my belly in the mirror and tried to see how far I could suck in my baby belly (last time no one knew I was expecting until 22 weeks because I didn't show much and could suck in what did show). And then I decided to try to push out my belly as far as I could, to see how big I could get.

Low and behold, I developed an outie! What did I do? Tried it again and then ran and found James to show him my new trick.

So now I can have a pregnant outie, but only occasionally; we'll see if it stands the last bit.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL
'That's Gross Man'
LOL

Peterson's said...

I was the same. My belly never "popped" out with Callie but with Reese it eventually did!

Ashley said...

ha ha Missy you are so funny!

Adam & Rachel said...

Amazing! So you can pop your belly button in and out on will? I think that is fantastic!...I've been spending the last few hours catching up on your lives, what fun you are having:)

Congratulations on the new baby and job!

Frantz Family said...

What?? you're moving?