12.27.2008

Crafts

So there are so many craft ideas that I have found through blogs, and I am really excited to try them out. One of the ones that sound like a lot of fun is felt food - make a bunch of different food toys for Maiby to play with that are made of felt. There are great sites, and I wish I had made a big list when I was looking the other day, but I didn't. So I guess the next time we are back in Moscow and I go to the computer lab I will spend the first half hour or so looking for the patterns and then printing them all out (the free ones, of course).

And I found some great ideas for puppets. I would LOVE to have a ton of puppets - for each of the traditional stories that we tell kids (3 Bears, Little Red Riding Hood, 3 Pigs, etc), and I have been keeping my eyes open for some good ideas. I found some for sale at thelandofnod, but mainly I liked those because I think I can alter a pattern I have at home to make them look a little more like those than the ones on the pattern....but that project may be a ways off.

And of course I am excited to make vinyl signs and decor for holidays, but that definitely has to wait. We had some great ideas the last time that the ward had a craft day, but we had family coming into town and of course I was too spacy to realize that I could just but the stuff and do it on my own later...duh!!

2 comments:

Super Angie said...

So fun!!!! I'm not really a crafty person, but I've caught the craft bug lately. I made the cutest placecard holders for Christmas brunch. I can't wait to see how your projects turn out.

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

I'm in exactly the same boat as far as not being too crafty but catching the bug lately. I absolutely go crazy and spend hours (when I have them to spend) looking at craft and decorating blogs. I always email a list of the links to myself when I run out of time and have to leave, so now my inbox is full of things I need to revisit! Can't wait to see pictures of all your upcoming projects!