4.11.2010

Trials

Some things in life are tough, and that's to be expected.  The difficulty I have, presently, is trying to figure out what it is I'm supposed to be learning right now as I am experiencing some rather unpleasant realities.  This morning as I was waiting for Maiby to finish her breakfast, I was looking through the Ensign and came across a great statement about trials.  It's the article entitiled "He Will Take Upon Him Their Infirmities" by Elder Jean A Tefan.

In it, he references a scripture in Alma 7 that is about Christ.  Verses 11 & 12 read: "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. 

And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, tha the may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."  Elder Tefan then goes on to say that he read those verses in a time of trial and shifted the hurt and fear that he was experiencing to Christ. 

That is something that I have always had a hard time doing - I have been very independent since I was a small child, and it's hard to admit sometimes that I can't handle certain things (and I find that especially true when facing trials).  When I am suffering, more specifically right now, it's hard to remember that others have been through the same kind of thing.  But I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that Christ has been through it - he experienced this pain and suffering for me.  I am so thankful for His willingness to do that, and as I try to turn to heaven for the help I am seeking, I know I will find it.

2 comments:

Fab Five said...

Sorry you're having a hard time! Seriously, bring Maiby over anytime! Hang in there!

Melissa said...

Anything I can do Missy?
How about some NZ chocolate?
Chocolate always helps me, except on weigh in night.