4.01.2010

What Makes Them Think It's Okay?

I am SO upset!!  Someone stole my dryer!

Don't people know that there are unwritten, but CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD rules when using a shared laundry area?  And that one is you don't steal a dryer that is currently in use?!!  Why would someone think it's okay to take my wet clothes out of a running dryer and put their own in?

It's not my fault they missed out on the 3 good dryers.  I took my laundry over and had to empty 2 washers in order to use them, but the clothes had been sitting for a little while - a little bit mildew-smelling.  So I put one in the laundry basket on the washer and one on the cleanest washer.  And, as always, set an alarm so I would pick up my stuff on time.  Then I went down and switched my laundry PROMPTLY (one washer was still spinning when I walked in) and used 3 dryers so I wouldn't have to go back after 1 cycle. 

But apparently someone had other ideas.  And I don't appreciate it.

If I were a big more vengeful, I might put their DRY clothes - that's the proof that they stole my 50 cents (the cycle had run its course when I went to pick up my stuff) - into the sink and fill it up. 

(un)Fortunately, I'm not that vengeful and venting here and later to James is the only payback I will give.

Piece of Junk!!

9 comments:

Roxy said...

That is junk!!! WHO THE HECK! What did their clothes look like? We can narrow it down...I wonder if it's the same person that stoke Kirkham's laundry basket? LOSERS! Just because it's April Fool's Day doesn't mean that this is acceptable.

The Boyle's said...

No way. That is a bunch of crap. I am so sorry. I totally would have put their clothes in the sink and filled it up with water. That is so rude and disrespectful. That is the one major complaint I have about these apartments. And the thing is you set your timer too and are on top of things to not let your clothes sit in there whereas other people will leave their clothes in there for days. Sorry girl

Melissa said...

Missy.........PUT THOSE CLOTHES IN THE SINK.
They need to learn, and they'll learn quickly if EVERYONE does this when it happens.
Or kidnap their clothes and tell them if they want their clotehs back they need to put the 50c in the white envelope by the window, once the money is in there, they'll get their clothes back, and go back at midnight and check so they'll never bust you.
I'LL DO IT MAN.

Darren and Tessa said...

That has happened to me numerous times....or my favorite is when they think they need to look inside the dryer when its going and then they dont restart your load that happens even more to me and I always get it out on time. Sorry I hate it too...

Sun said...

Yeah, I would have dumped the clothes in the sink. Jerks!

Kassy Whetten said...

It was probably the same people who stole my laundry baskets! What are they stock piling them?! I would have been so mad. Especially when we are usually washing 5-8 loads a week. So I would not have been as good as you Missy. I would have put them in the sink and filled it!

Kassy Whetten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fab Five said...

There's probably just a couple of really rude people in this complex that are making every else's lives miserable. Someone stole our laundry basket and one time someone took out my clothes out of the dryer and washer and put the wet clothes on top of the dry clothes. But I'm pretty sure that they have moved. Anyway, that really sucks but you won't have to deal with it too much longer!

Ashley said...

wow the nerve of some people, I would be so mad!