3.14.2008

Crazy Accident

So I picked up our car today from the lot, and drove straight to the DMV for the temporary registration. Then I headed to my mom's house, since she had Maiby with her. I was at a stop light, a couple cars back. After we went through the intersection, I thought that I might want to switch lanes, but there were so many cars over there I decided to stay where I was at, at least for the time being. There was a big yellow truck next to me, behind a white car. I was behind a big truck. They were all speeding up, but I was staying closer to the speed limit. Then the yellow truck flipped on the turn signal to switch lanes and zoomed over. At the same time, the truck in front of me sped up. I couldn't tell whether or not he was just being rude or wasn't paying attention, or goofing off with someone they knew....anyway, he started tailgating like crazy -- I was shocked that they weren't in a wreck they were so close! Then, they kinda switched lanes crazy-like, zooming and getting faster. The yellow truck (now in front of the other) moved into the center turning lane near the upcoming light and the other truck tried to pass - by going into oncoming traffic! Luckily the oncoming light had just turned green and those people were all watching - because the yellow truck hit the other guy, who spun around in a crazy circle and then they both finally stopped. The big truck was perpendicular to the yellow one, blocking traffic. Instead of getting out and talking to each other, the guy in the first truck backed up and turned left and the girl in the yellow truck (who had been getting out) jumped back in and followed him. I had stopped to make sure they were okay, but since they all left I didn't want to just sit around. I called the police station once I got to my mom's house, but a report was not made, so they didn't need a statement or anything. But they did take my information down in case those involved make a complaint or file a report or whatever. It was crazy!!!

3 comments:

Brad and Marissa said...

Crazy drivers make me mad. I swear there are more bad drivers in Boise than in all of northern Idaho. I am glad that you are both ok. When I read the title I thought that you had got into an accident with your new car. I am glad your car is ok too. Thanks for the book ideas!
~Marissa

Brad and Marissa said...

I was holding my breath hoping it was not your car. Whew!

Brad

Super Angie said...

Hi Missy. This is Angie Busch Alston. I graduated with James. I stumbled on your blog thanks to a link on Mark and Dorese's blog. I'm glad you guys weren't actually in the accident!