8.21.2009

Going Big

Yesterday James had the day off, so we went down to Lewiston in the hopes of spending some time on the water. We were not disappointed, and Grandma even volunteered to watch Maiby so we didn't need to take her on the boat and worry about the sun scorching her. It was great. I went on the slightly-flat tube - it has been determined there IS a hole somewhere, so we felt every bump and skimmed the surface on one side while dipping down on the other. But luckily, the first time around when we almost tipped, Josh fell off and the tube corrected itself. But the 2nd time, we were not so lucky. I am the only one that got injured all day, but it's not too bad. I have a bruise on my rear from Josh's foot, and a scrape down my nose, which we are blaming on Josh, but in reality I'm pretty sure it was me. We had a great time, but after the crash I was done, so I got back in the boat and just enjoyed riding around the rest of the time. James got up on one ski for a while; it was a great day, and a nice time before he starts school next week.

1 comments:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Sounds like a wonderful little trip and a great way to wrap up the summer break! Glad you had a good time. You are so lucky to have family so close. :)