10.23.2009

Catching Up

So I have been busy sewing and sewing and sewing the last little bit. I made 2 wigs out of yarn for Halloween, which turned out great. And I am excited for their debut on Saturday! Hopefully Maiby still enjoys wearing hers then; I have been telling her it's a hat, and since mine matches, she has been agreeable to wearing it.

And I have started a Thanksgiving Advent Calendar. As I was looking for fabric in my closet, I came across some yellow felt that was from a project that didn't end up being finished, and it was cut up into book size, so it's going to be an advent book. I have almost finished putting the leaves on, and then I need to put on small pockets on the leaves and sew the pages together. Then the picture will be posted.

I also made a super cute coat for Maiby...after she put it on, she really liked it because it looks like a dress. For those of you in the area, she will be wearing it on Sundays to church.

Besides the sewing, we have been enjoying the fall weather and the chance to go to the indoor park a little more often. I love that place.

And we had our book club meeting this week, where we discussed the book "Follow the River". And I just want Ashley to know that I really, really, REALLY love my husband, and my daughter, too; I just think they are the greatest people around!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL Great post.
I love your background.

Ashley said...

ha ha thanks Missy, I'm going to go throw up now :) j/k I am a firm beleiver in expressing your love for your family, just not in every post lol

Fab Five said...

I'm excited to see her coat! That's gutsy! I just checked out your craft blog too and I love your felt sack lunch!!! Adorable!!!

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Wow! You are so skilled at sewing and putting projects together. I love it. Were the wigs hard to sew? I really could use one for my costume that I will wear at work and I really don't want to buy one if I don't have to...