10.02.2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I LOVE change. Have I mentioned that before? A new haircut or color, clothes, furniture arrangement, book, recipe, season, holiday, calling (usually) - I love them. I love moving, having a new place to live, figuring out how we are going to cram all our stuff in a small location without it feeling crammed.

And lucky for me, a change - I guess several - have arrived:

---- It is getting cooler, it is now October, so HOORAY for Halloween decor! That's right - it's out and up and looking great. We also rearranged the living room, so it feels like a totally new place. I am not a big fan of putting everything up against the walls, but it feels so much bigger now with how we have it set up. I love it, even if the tv is all the way across the room from the couch. It's not like it's much more than 10 feet...

---- We are adding to our family. Some of you know, and some don't, but we are going to have another baby in the spring. It looks like we will not be finding out what it is, so you will just have to wait 6 1/2 more months like the rest of us.

---- I have been feeling a lot better. I'm only getting sick 3-5 days a week instead of 7, which is great, and it's not lasting as long, which is also great. I'm certainly looking forward to the next trimester, because it's usually the best (says the woman with prior experience of 1).

---- Everyone is invited to stop by and make their own tombstone. That's right, it's back. The pens and black cutouts are waiting for any visitor to make a tombstone to hang in the front window for everyone to see. It was so much fun last year - we had the bishop, many friends, sister missionaries, and came very close to getting a man running for the state senate - up on the window with their self-made paper tombstones. Don't worry - you don't have to put your name on it, as long as you color it somehow. It was so fun we continued it with stockings at Christmas time last year.

---- I spent my birthday money. That's right, the wait is over: I bought a game. It's "Carcasonne" - a tile-building game. We played it once with some friends and had a great time. If you like Settlers or games like it, you would enjoy this one. And the great thing is that it didn't use up all of my money, so I also bought a Christmas Cookie magazine today. So fun, and such delicious-looking, tempting goodies from BHG.

---- And in a few weeks, we will celebrate our 3rd anniversary! Woohoo!

Hooray for October!!

7 comments:

Super Angie said...

Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to meet the newest little Grossman!

Steve and I LOVE Carcassonne. We own just about every expansion ever made. :)

Melissa said...

Great post Missy.
I love it.
I'm glad your'e feeling better. The second trimester is the best and I've had three.

Frantz Family said...

Hey Congrats. Ya know, just a couple weeks ago I had this feeling you were going to anounce some exciting news very soon. And here it is! hope the sickness goes away soon, what a bummer.
Congrats again.

Sun said...

I'm so excited that you are having another baby! Two is exhausting but so much fun. We tried so hard to not find out Charlie's gender but on our second ultrasound the lady doing it said, "So did you know you were having a boy?" I was so mad!

The Boyle's said...

Congrats on the new one coming soon. I can't believe you are waiting to find out what you are having. That is awesome. I just have to know. My guess is you are having a boy. I don't know why i think that, but I am usually always right at predictions, just ask Shawn.

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Congrats on Grossman #2!! That is good that you are starting to get sick less frequently. We have Carcassonne too!!!!! I don't think we have played it in a long time though. We will certainly have to get together sometime to play! I want to make a tombstone too! Those are so fun!!

Brad and Marissa said...

YEA!!!! Congratulations!!!! How exciting!!! We hope that you start feeling much better soon. Yea for babies!!