9.27.2009

Bringing out the big guns

My daughter is a hunter. Well, at least she has a little practice on the shooting range.

Yesterday we went down to Lewiston, had lunch/breakfast at the (family) restaurant, walked around the fair a little, and then went back to James' parents' house. Maiby took a nap, I sat down with Grandma to relax, and James and Grandpa ran some errands. Then when Maiby woke up, they took her shooting so we didn't have to worry about taking her to the women's broadcast.

And James helped her fire a .22 - twice. That's right, my little darling girl has shot a gun at the ripe old age of 2 (did I mention she's only been 2 for 2 1/2 weeks?). But she had fun. And she was wearing noise guards on her ears, so her hearing is still great.

But we need to work on telling the truth - when I got back last night from the broadcast, I asked her if she shot the gun and she said no - twice. At least she wasn't being purposefully dishonest.

I wish we had a picture, but we left the camera in Moscow yesterday, so we'll all just have to imagine it.

2 comments:

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

Holy Hannah! I bet that was the cutest thing to have seen. Ready for round two, mama, so we can get some pictures? ;)

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

LOL... That is awesome. I can just picture James helping her shoot that gun. Brandon would totally do the same if we had a little girl!