9.04.2009

Big Girl Bed

Maiby has used her big girl bed for 2 nights now, and I'm wondering if we should continue...she just wakes up SO EARLY and then is whiny all day long. If she is out of bed again at 730 this morning, she will be getting 2 naps today. She needs more sleep than she has been getting, and since she went to bed late last night, there is no way we will be able to function well this morning without her sleeping until after 8.

We thought it was so great yesterday, even though she got up a little early, because she doesn't know how to open her bedroom door, so even though she could get out of bed, she would still be stuck in her room until I got her out. Well, that was true for just that one night; yesterday I was catching up on some sleep, since I didn't get to sleep much on vacation and got to bed almost 2 hours late the night I came back and up early so I could do laundry and have clothes to wear...so I was taking a nap on the couch yesterday afternoon when Maiby was napping, and then I heard "MOM!" So I bolted awake and told her to stay put. Where was my darling girl? At the top of the stairs; apparently, the door is no longer a problem for her. So last night we put the baby gate up right outside her door, just in case she decides to get up in the night, so she doesn't go down the stairs in the dark.

Hopefully we can stick with this...she really likes being out of the crib.

4 comments:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Wow... good luck with that. That stinks that you are behind on sleep. That is no fun. Maiby is getting so big though. She is a cutie.

Melissa said...

Good luck Missy. I hope you can figure it out.
Yuki's bed is so high she couldn't get out.
But today I just discovered she can get out now LOL

Fab Five said...

Just stick with it! It's just one of those things that have to be done. You gotta let her know that when it's bedtime she doesn't get out. Keep putting her back in her bed over and over again. One night, it took us two hours for Carson to finally give up! Hang in there- don't let her win! :)

Sun said...

That transition is always a fun one. Stick with it and good luck!

Also... I'm insanely jealous that her sleeping until 7:30 is waking up early! When is her bedtime? We put our kids to bed at 7 but they get up around 5 or 5:30. It's brutal. I would love tips on how to get them to sleep longer... hint, hint.