7.18.2009

No Sleep Tonight?

Well, it's an hour past my bedtime, and I cannot sleep. And apparently, neither can my daughter. Since going to bed four hours ago, she has woken up at least twice every hour. Luckily, I have only needed to go in twice, but it does not bode well for tomorrow, especially since James is out of town and it's tough to keep her happy during sacrament meeting as we wait for nursery.

Do I just have too much on my mind? It's hard to keep track of everything that zooms in and out of that place, it's hard for me to decide. Sometimes I find it interesting to trace back my thought process; you would not believe how thinking about the dishes one minute somehow leads to joining the circus two minutes later. I don't know how I get these crazy ideas, but a few will stick and not leave for a long time.

Not that it is so easy for me to fall asleep every night, but I am usually at least tired, and am generally unable to keep my eyes open after 1030; it was almost tough to get through Harry Potter on Thursday, and I didn't have a chance between 11 and 12 when James was packing for his Guard weekend. Oh, well, I will just have to grin and bear it, or frown and be grumpy (but let's all hope for the first one, since I am teaching sunbeams tomorrow and a grin would be very helpful!).

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry Missy. If its any help my thoughts run like that too.

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Man, that stinks... no sleep is the worst! Hopefully Maiby will stay asleep this time and you can wind down. I usually try to watch a movie or read or take a warm bath when I need to try to get my mind to stop so I can sleep. Good luck!