11.23.2009

I Was THAT Guy

Early Saturday afternoon I found myself enjoying New Moon with a couple in-laws. It was great; I enjoyed it all. Although there was one part that was not my favorite and caused a few dirty looks and I'm sure numerous bad thoughts to be directed at me.

I turned off the volume on my phone before the previews - all the way down, not even set to vibrate. And then, what happened? Near the end of the movie, my phone started singing!! I couldn't believe it. The people next to me did a few huffy breaths "How DARE she!" And as I struggled to open the zipper pocket that held my phone (and conveniently, it was stuck and took me several minutes to get it unstuck). Of course, I didn't try to answer the phone - I turned it off before I got the pocket open - and then decided that I had better turn it off all the way to avoid any more ringing. Too bad I didn't remember that my phone sings as it powers down!! Ridiculous!!

After the movie was over, I looked and guess what?! NO MESSAGES, NO MISSED CALLS!! I couldn't believe what was going on!

So I did a little investigating, and what did I find? I had an appointment on my calendar, complete with an alarm set so I wouldn't forget the note that I left myself. Too bad I didn't know that silencing the phone only silences the ringer - not any other alarms.

If you happened to be in the Lewiston theater for the 1 pm show, I apologize for the interruption, and have turned off the extra ringers permanently on my phone.

1 comments:

Dorothy said...

That's really funny Missy! Twilight fans are intense too so good thing you made it out of that theater alive!!