4.03.2009

Check out this Beast

Thank you for all your support and letting me vent a bit. More drama with the car - wrong parts and so it won't be done until next week. I called my mom to let her know we won't be coming and also talked to James' dad. He sweetly offered to drive their other car up and trade me so I can drive to CdA, and then said I was welcome to drive the truck up there (but the gas would be around $100 - no thanks). So after I finished my conversations I started thinking about being stuck in the house and what my problem was that prevented me from driving the truck.

Well, I faced my fears, whatever they were, and drove the truck. Maiby and I had a pleasant drive to the mall where we walked around (she is going to sleep well tonight, since I didn't take a stroller and she walked the whole time). And then went to check out the new stuff at JoAnn and Michaels. It was great. And the truck was SO FUN! That is, fun after getting over my initial fear and nervousness - basically the drive home was a lot of fun. It's also nice to know that driving a stick comes back to you even if it has been over a year since you last did it. And in an attempt to hide how pitiful I am, I took a picture of the truck so you can see that it really is big...the tires are taller than my knee, and the sides of the bed are about 2" below my shoulders!


4 comments:

Super Angie said...

Wahooooo!!!!! I knew you could do it!!! I get a huge kick out of driving huge vehicles... I guess I love the feeling of power. :)

Melissa said...

Good for you Missy.

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

I was the same way when it came to driving our truck at first. But the thing is HUGE! And then I had to drive it once, and now I love it. I look for excuses to have to drive it. Like Angie, I like the power, I think. Good for you in conquering your fears! Remember this for next time! :)

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Way to go Missy! I was so sad that I did not get to go to the Arts & Crafts Fair with you on Saturday. I am very proud of you that you drove the truck. Way to have guts!!!