4.22.2009

Crafts

Today I made a new bag to carry my things to and around church. For the past several years, I have used a small bag that I bought on clearance from JoAnn's. It worked pretty well, but it's been difficult to keep my scriptures and manual in it, so I have been wanting a slightly larger bag. Well, this bag is a bit more than 'slightly larger'. I used a McCall's pattern and prior to sewing I hadn't realized how big it was. But I really like it, and am excited to use it in a few days!!

And last week, right before I cut my finger, this is what I made: cookie cutter organizers!! I am very pleased with how they worked out. I have a lot of cookie cutters - I have a 101 piece set that came together, as well and many others that have been purchased over the last 9 years. But until I bought the kit this year, it's been easy to keep them in a small container or two. But after opening the 101 pieces, they wouldn't all go back in and close the lid. So I designed some bags and now at least they are cute! I love them. Here's the before picture of the ones that aren't in holiday storage:

And now they are separated according to type:

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm very impressed. I wanna bag for all mine and my kids swim gears. I can't pony up with $12 to $15 to pay for one though.
I should just make one.
I put my sewing machine in Monday to get fixed.
Fingers crossed.

Super Angie said...

So cute!!!!!

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Holy cow you are an amazing sewist! I love the big new bag... and I love that it is pink too... hurray for Spring colors!!

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

I love your bag! I'm making a new one for church, too. I had a similar dilemma where my smallish bag became too small once I had binders and big manuals to start carrying around! I'll post pictures of mine... if I ever finish it! And I LOVE your idea for your cookie cutter organizer bags! I have a bin that works for keeping them all there, but they're all mixed together and so I have to dump the whole thing out every time I need one! Thanks for sharing your craftiness!

Dusty and Kim Cox said...

I love the cookie cutter bags! Great idea! Also cute colors for your church bag.