4.14.2009

Toot Toot!

So I have been following a running program. Today was my first day for running 7 minutes at a time, and I DID IT!!! Hooray for me, toot toot on my own horn! It was tough, well the first 7 min run was great and went really fast, the second one was really, really tough, and the third I think truly lasted 10 minutes, and not 7. I don't really know how that could happen, since I used a good timer, but let's say for my sake that it did. I am really excited that it went so well. I was really nervous before I went out, since my last running was 5 minutes with a 2.5 min walk, repeated 4 times, and then it jumped to 7 min run with 3 minute walk repeated 3 times. I am proud of myself and feel great, which is really good, since I am scheduled to do it again 2 more times this week.

On a totally unrelated note, do you realize how good name-brand jam is?! We have been buying the cheap stuff since we got married, and it's not too bad, except for the last 2 bottles we had (we bought at the same time - I'm not that dumb). They were not very good. In fact, I wouldn't eat it if I could help it. But this time we went for Smuckers, which was a good deal ($2 for a bigger jar than we usually pay about $2 for), and it is AMAZING!! I guess it's true what they say....with a name like Smuckers, it has to be good.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Good for you Missy. I'm very proud of you for doing that run.
You should be tooting your own horn for sure.
I WOULD BE.
Listen, as for the jam, there's nothing better than HOME MADE.
I have a ton so I'll give you one and see if it's better than Smuckers.
Plus it's easy to make.
I've got apricots, we could do it TOGETHER. It'll be fun, promise.

Jay and Camille said...

I a gree with Melissa. We have some store bought jam and I refuse to eat it. Homemade jam is amazing. Plus it's fun to make.
Good job running, you are way better than I am. I hate to exercise.

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Haha... yeah. That is funny that you bring up the jam because lately I have been just really wanting to upgrade on a lot of things... we have been super cheap with things like silverware, food, etc. and I am starting to realize how nice it is to have functionable and pretty silverware, good food, etc. Sometimes you just have to get the better stuff even if it is more expensive. I am glad you got the jam on sale though! And for the running bit that is super awesome! Running is seriously such good exercise and it is sooo mental. Way to go on a great workout already this week!