4.03.2009

Pardon the Rant

James is out of town for the weekend, and I need to complain a little to someone so that I am not on the verge of tears everytime I think about it. Don't ask me why the tears are - that's just the reality that I can't control. The rest of the reality is this: the car is in the shop. Not a big deal. I had been planning on taking Maiby to my mom's house this week for a few days so we could visit and do a little shopping. BUT the car had to act up and the shop said Wednesday was the soonest they could do anything. To expedite the process, we took the car in on Monday. Also not a big deal, since James' parents graciously lent us their car for as long as we need it. Snag: I have not driven their big truck before and am a little nervous (extended cab with regular bed, step higher than your knee to get in, manual type of big truck). I don't think they would mind me driving it, but I have been able to get by without that since James has been home at night and loves to drive the truck so it hasn't been a big deal.

I talked to my mom and rescheduled the trip until this afternoon/evening. The car was supposed to be done today by 12, but when I called at 1 they haven't had the part come in yet. So it might not be done today at all. I am supposed to call back around 3 to find out what is going on. If it's still not there, I am basically stuck home until at least Monday and will need to find someone to pick James up from the airport on Sunday night when he gets back. So who knows what my fate is. A weekend stuck at home instead of a trip to mom's at the perfect time (it's spring break, so she doesn't have to work her school job and has tomorrow off from her 2nd one). Also, the boys are out of town until late Saturday. I fell rather silly posting this now, because it really isn't too big of deal, but it's purpose has been accomplished - not a tear. Hooray! Also, while typing I kept thinking of my MIL's new dilemma (broken shoulder) and feel pretty good about the whole stranded thing. Ignore the man behind the curtain (or crazy lady cooped up in her home) and enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

So, first of all, where does your mom live? Maybe I could drive there if it isn't too far. Second, do you have plans for tomorrow? If not, I am planning to go to the arts and crafts fair in Pullman at some point tomorrow. I am also planning to do a bunch of yard sale shopping tomorrow morning. And I would love to have you join me to do any of these things! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the car/driving situation though... that stinks! Cars can be the worst!!

Melissa said...

Oh Sarah is so nice aye.
Dru's probably studying all day so I'm doing nothing.
But Sarah's invite sounds way better.

Super Angie said...

Sad!!!!!!!! Don't feel bad about feeling frustrated, I would be too!!! The Grossman truck is a pretty intimidating vehicle, but I think you can handle it. Give it a spin around the neighborhood for a while, I bet you'll start to feel more confident.

tonksfam said...

I totally know what you mean with the whole "it's not a big deal, but I feel like crying anyway!" thing. All I can say is: you're a mom. Just blame it on hormones ;) I don't care if I'd get like that before I had kids, I'll use them as an excuse as much as possible! :D