4.30.2009

Food and Sit-ups

Tonight I made a dinner that I have been thinking about having for a while. Have you ever had the Applebee's dish Southwestern Wrap or something like that? It's delicious. One of my favorites. So I made up a recipe and we ate them for dinner. Have you ever made tortillas?? Neither had I, until tonight!! And they were GREAT. Although, they did turn out a bit small. If you are interested in trying it, here is a recipe. It's not the one that I wanted to try, but the internet wasn't working very well and I couldn't get to the one on the Food Storage Network. I will try that recipe another time and decide which one is better.




They were supposed to end up being 8-9" in diameter, but in reality they were more like 5-6". But delicious!! And I added spray to the pan, since we don't have the iron skillet. Try it!




Also, the other day James was doing sit-ups and Maiby wouldn't leave him alone. I was able to get a cute picture of it. Enjoy. She thought it was one of the funnest things ever. (And yes, 'funnest' is a word, and that's how it's spelled...)

3 comments:

Super Angie said...

Steve and I LOVE homemade tortillas. We can't go back to the store bought kind. Here's our favorite recipe:

-3 cups flour
-1 TBSP baking powder
-1 tsp salt

Mix all together.


1/2 cup shortening

Cut into flour mixture until the shortening is in small pieces.


1 cup warm water

Mix into flour/shortening mixture until combined.

Knead for a while.

Let sit for thirty minutes.


They're the best!!!!

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Wow! I need to try making them. Thanks for the recipe link! I LOVED them when I went to Mexico during the Summer of 2005 with a group of students at BYU!!

Melissa said...

I love those pic's of your hubby and girl.
So funny.