4.01.2009

Ow!

Today Maiby and I went for a walk. We got out the door and I had my arms full of blankets and toys to put in the stroller to keep her warm, since it was forecasted to snow (and did, btw, for anyone not living here!). She has been practicing stairs by herself. I don't like it and try to get her to only do the last one in the house, but she wanted to try it outside. She made it fine on the first two, but they are extra wide so she has room to catch herself before the next one. I told her to stay there, but realized she wasn't going to and tried to stop her before she turned and went down the neighboring stairs, but couldn't get her in time. I think I might have helped slow her fall a bit, but she hit the ground and she hit it hard. Here is a picture of her head bump - I love that she quit smiling just for that picture; it's fitting to look so serious for the 'injury showoff'. She's okay - I checked her eyes and they were dilating together (no concussion), so I went ahead and let her take a nap this afternoon. Hopefully she sleeps well tonight.
I was also April Fool'd by Maiby today. James has a big test tonight, but was able to come home for about an hour this afternoon. He got Maiby up from her nap and changed a poopy diaper (hooray for me!). Then she came downstairs and had a snack and when she was almost done, she started really straining. I don't know how many of you know how long it takes Maiby to poop, but sometimes it is quite an ordeal. We waited and waited for her to finish. James snuck out the door before I tried to convince him to change a second one, so about 10 minutes after he left, I decided I had better do it. Surprise!! She was just really, really tooty!! It was probably the best AF joke I've ever had played on me. Until she actually DID poop about 30 minutes after that, and it was the worst diaper she's had in a while...

2 comments:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Awww... poor Maiby! That is too bad. I love the injury picture though. You are right... it is very fitting. Hope she slept well!

Melissa said...

Maybe Maiby is gonna be a model since she's that good at posing.
I've been letting Yuki walk down and up the stairs outside as she's gonna have to learn since this baby is coming.
She's really good at it now. With practice Maiby will become a pro. Falling sucks though.
Sorry she's having problems pooping. That's horrible.